Sunday, April 14, 2013

Luggage Helper

Saw this idea on Pinterest, to make a travel kit from a washcloth, and thought I could add my own little flare to it.


The idea is to make a toothbrush and odds and ends holder that will absorb the water and keep your travel accessories nice and neat.

They are super simple to make, and are great gifts!

You will need:
A washcloth (I got a set of four from the dollar store)
Matching Thread
A needle
A few pins
An 18" length of ribbon
Some scrap fabric

Step 1: Fold the washcloth, leaving about 2 inches at the top. Pin in place. Fold the ribbon in half and pin about half-way up one side. Sew up both side edges.


Step 2: Sew 3-4 lines into the folded part of the washcloth, forming the pockets.


(You can be done now if you do not want to personalize your kit)

Optional Step 3: Cut an initial or simple design from your scrap fabric. Pin to the backside, above the pockets. Applique in place.

Optional Step 4: Tuck a small toothbrush, a comb, toothpaste, a handful of band-aids, a travel pack of Advil, etc. Keep it for yourself, or give as a great gift! I made one of these up for my mom, husband, brother, etc, in lieu of Easter baskets this year, and tucked candy bars in with the other goodies! They were a huge hit.


1 comment:

  1. That is a neat little craft. I always end up sticking my toothbrush in a zip lock bag, but I really like the idea of the washcloth!

    Stopping by from A to Z.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete