Sunday, April 14, 2013

Knit "Potter" Scarves

When I was in high school, I learned how to knit. I did this with the sole intention of making myself, and maybe some friends, Harry Potter house scarves.

I have never really stopped making them, and have gotten far more intricate in my designs. The first ones were very simple block stripes, straight boring knit the whole way, with relatively large needles. Now, they look more like this:


You will need:

2 balls primary color yarn
1 ball secondary color yarn
(I prefer Vanna's Choice or Carron Simply Soft)
Size 8 needles (this is not super important - you can size up or down to your taste)
Scissors

Cast on 28 with Primary color
Row 1: K2, P2 until end
Row 2: P2 K2 until end
Repeat, row 3-34
Change to Secondary color
Row 34-37: Repeat K/P pattern with secondary color
Change to Primary color
Row 38-43: Continue with Primary
Change to Secondary
Row 44-53: Continue with Secondary
Change to Primary
Row 54-59: Continue with Primary
Change to Secondary
Row 60-63: Continue with Secondary
Change to Primary, repeat Rows 1-63 until desired length

OR (in simple terms)

Cast on 28 with Primary color
Odd rows, K2, P2
Even Rows P2, K2
The pattern:
34 rows Primary
4 rows Secondary
6 Rows Primary
10 Rows Secondary
6 Rows Primary
4 Rows Secondary
Repeat until desired length

.

No comments:

Post a Comment